Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What sea animal can be adjusted to play music?


The tune-a fish!

Okay, I know it has been a long time since I have blogged but since January of this year I have had 2 nasty sinus infections and have had pneumonia for the last three weeks…which I am still getting over. Never take your health for granted! I am still feeling sorry for myself because I missed father’s day, our 18th wedding anniversary and half of summer. Pneumonia sucks!

So far the highlight of the summer has been when Alan and I went on a halibut charter with his brothers David and Joe, and their wives Heide and Karen June 29th out of Seward. We got to visit with Alan’s Grandparents and his Uncles Jim and Bill, Aunt Teresa and Cousin Amy the day before. I was bummed (no really…) that I was not allowed to camp, but had to get a hotel room. Check out the videos here.



What is new with the McQueens?


Alaeric has a new respite worker whose name is Francis. They have been volunteering at the Anchorage Municipal Animal Shelter and going on a lot of outdoor adventures. He is also taking one class this summer to get him ahead with writing.


Niall went to Diabetes camp in June and had a blast! He is going to scout camp in July and may visit a friend in Oregon in August…we’ll see. He got a new bike but much prefers to play his X-box.


Alan continues to work for the street-light maintenance crew for Anchorage, Yukon Electric got the contract for another three years so he is relieved that he won’t have to switch companies. In his spare time (ha ha ha) he likes to take his baby for a ride. He bought a really pretty aubergine (purple) 1995 Harley Davidson dyna-wide-glide with lots of chrome, spikes, a few skulls and an eagle claw for a kickstand.


I have been working when not flat-on-my-back in bed. I am excitedly planning a trip to Hawaii for three weeks this October. My chorus starts back up in late August so I should get my concert dates for the next season up then.

That's all for now, chat at you all later!

No comments: