Saturday, July 26, 2008

What's the difference between a Rock musician and a government bond?


The government bond eventually matures and makes money.

I am anxiously awaiting the start of a new concert year. I forgot how much I enjoy rehearsal, singing and being on stage…as long as I am with a group I am cool and don’t get nervous. The one time I performed solo (accordion, not singing), it was only 200 or so people and I was terrified. I got through it though. When the chorus performed Carmina Burana last year it was incredible, we had 2 sold out shows in the largest theatre in the PAC and 3 standing ovations each night. I was proud to be a part of it. I hope this upcoming season will be as inspiring.

The best concert of the upcoming season and the only concert I know for sure the when’s and where’s is (this is the one not to miss!):

Compassion and Light: Saturday, May 2, 2009 at 8:00 p.m.
Mozart Symphony no. 36 in C Major (“Linz”) and
Brahms “Ein Deutsches Requiem” (a German Requiem)

Featuring: Anchorage Symphony Orchestra, Anchorage Concert Chorus, Alaska Chamber Singers, Soprano Anita Johnson and Baritone to be announced.

Be sure to look for the redhead in the tenor section.

In mundane news, nothing much has been happening. Alan and Niall went to Fairbanks last weekend for a meeting that never happened. They had a nice drive though. Niall and Alaeric are dog sitting a friend’s schnauzer; Alan and I decided he looks like Sir Diddymous from the movie labyrinth. We were planning on going dip netting for reds at Kasilof this weekend, but it is rainy and miserable and we have the schnauzer. The new plan is to go in the middle of the week one night, catch 2 tides, turn around and come back home. This sounds like a good plan…as long as we get some fish hmmmmm.

No comments: