Monday, December 31, 2007

Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to.-Bill Vaughan


Happy New Year Everyone!

This has been the busiest Holiday season ever…Last night Alan and I went to go see Blues Traveler in concert at the Bear’s Tooth Theatre and Pub. It was a sold out show and the crowd’s energy was awesome! John Popper has an incredible vocal range and his harmonica playing was inspired. Rant warning {I was kinda surprised by the band smoking (not sure what they were smoking) on stage; smoking in public places is illegal in Anchorage, not to mention that professional singers usually abhor smoke. At least I did not have to smell it.}

I have been thinking about my favorite contemporary Rock Gods that are still active and here are the top 5,
1. Bono- U2 (duh)
2. Dave Mathews of DMB (Ants Marching anyone?)
3. Sting (with or without police)
4. Paul Simon
5. Don Henley (with or without the Eagles)

Okay, I know the New Year is a time we traditionally make resolutions, and I have come up with the requisite list. So here it goes:

Top 10 New Year’s Resolutions…

1. I honor and express all facets of my being, regardless of state and local laws.

2. I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.

3. I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

4. I need not suffer in silence while I can still moan, whimper, and complain.

5. When someone hurts me, I know that forgiveness is cheaper than a lawsuit, but not nearly as rewarding.

6. I am at one with my duality.

7. A scapegoat is almost as good as a solution.

8. Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my underwear. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom.

9. I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so!"

10. I will no longer waste my time reliving the past; I will spend it worrying about the future.

No comments: